Morton Real Estate (Morton) seeks to provide the best possible service to our clients by providing the best possible experience.
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988:
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services, or information that we supply. This may include your first name, last name, location, age, phone number, email address, postal address, and payment details that you have provided when interacting with us.
We may also collect information on how you use our website, your product preferences, opinions, and other personal preferences. Other information that may be automatically collected when you visit our website include (without limitation) your Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifiers, location, and time/date stamp.
At times, we may collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, however we only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website.
- by telephone, letter, fax, or email.
- during conversations between you and our representatives.
- by contracting with us.
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us.
- completing surveys, providing feedback, or making complaints.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities.
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants, and financial advisers).
- your employer.
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
- We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities (for example, direct marketing purposes and to see potential clients through promotional activities). We do not trade or sell your information.
We may disclose this information to other parties including:
- Potential purchasers or vendors; media organisations; publicly on the internet or in print media; to clients of the agent (both existing & potential); as well as to parties engaged to manage or evaluate the property (e.g. Pest & Building inspectors, Owners’ corporation; Financial institutions; Valuers). We will not provide your information to these third parties unless you have consented to this, or you would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities, or bodies.
- Suppliers and other third-party real estate service providers with whom we have commercial relationships for business and marketing services.
- Where it is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue. Examples of such circumstances include disclosing your personal information to a Court or Tribunal in response to a request or subpoena, or to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Where it may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another entity, body, or party, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the third party has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
Where sensitive information is collected, stored, used, or transferred about you, we will only use this information if you have given consent for us to do so, or in the exercise or defence of a legal claim.
In providing this information you consent to us using your information in this way unless you advise us differently.
We may use your personal information to provide you with current information about Morton and the real estate market, our community and local area, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our office and we will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do our best to ensure your personal information is up-to-date and accurate at all times, as this allows us to deliver a better service to you. If any information we have on you needs to be corrected, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure, and against other misuse. Furthermore, every employee of Morton employee must abide by this policy.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
At Morton, we do everything we can to keep your personal information accurate. If you find that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you can contact us at email@example.com, or as per the contact details below and we will endeavour to assist you with your questions. Please bear in mind that under Australian privacy laws, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to such personal information. For instance, if it would reasonably affect someone else’s privacy or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health, or safety; if this information relates to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information that we hold.
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via another option below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We understand that your personal information is important to you and want you to feel confident that any personal information we collect from you or that is received by us, will be treated with appropriate respect. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Phone: 1300 858 221
Address: 75 Alexander Street, Crows Nest NSW 2065